Single Contract for Entire Project
Design/build is a method of project delivery in which one entity – the design/build team – works under a single contract with the project owner to provide design and construction services. This is an inclusive contract that involves one entity, one contract, one unified flow of work from initial concept through completion.
Design/build is also known as design/construct and single-source responsibility. This process is an alternative to the design-bid-build format. Under the latter approach, design and construction are split — i.e., separate entities, separate contracts, separate work.
Saving Construction Time and Money
Design/build streamlines project delivery through a single contract between the owner and the design/build team. This simple but fundamental difference saves money and time by transforming the relationship between designers and builders into an alliance that fosters collaboration and teamwork.
At BFL Construction we team with various architectural firms, depending on the size and scope of the project to deliver the project, efficiently and on time for the client.
The Design/Build Advantage:
- Faster Delivery — collaborative project management means work is completed faster with fewer problems.
- Cost Savings — an integrated team is geared toward efficiency and innovation with cost savings developed throughout the design phase.
- Better Quality — design/builders meet performance needs, not minimum design requirements, often developing innovations to deliver a better project than initially imagined.
- Singular Responsibility — one entity is held accountable for cost, schedule, and performance.
- Decreased Administrative Burden — owners can focus on the project rather than managing disparate contracts.
- Reduced Risk for the Owner — the design/build team assumes additional risk.
- Early Cost Identification — an integrated team is fully and equally committed to controlling costs.