BFL Construction is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Southern Arizona Architects and Engineers Marketing Association (SAAEMA)
- American Society of Hospital Engineers (ASHE)
- Metropolitan Pima Alliance (MPA)
- Southern Arizona Leadership Council
- City of South Tucson – Zoning Appeals Board
- Tucson Metro Chamber
- Sun Corridor, Inc. (formerly Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities)
- Society of Mining Engineers (SME)
- Arizona Mining and Industry Get Our Support (AMIGOS)
A Willingness To Give Back
Giving back to the community is a part of the culture of BFL. This culture is shared by everyone in the Company. We communicate any special community issues through weekly and monthly company meetings.
The incentive for employees to participate stems from their own willingness to give back, both to the community and to the company. It is simply a part of the character of our employees and our team spirit that we can make a difference as individuals and as a company.
BFL employees actively give to the community both monetarily and in volunteer hours.
Current community activities of our employees include:
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Boys and Girls Club of Tucson
- El Rio Health Foundation
- Hispanic Women’s Corporation
- Literacy Connects
- PICOR Charitable Foundation
- Southern Arizona Institute of Leadership
- Tucson Values Teachers
- Tucson Urban League
- University of Arizona Foundation
Civic Engagement — BFL Can Help!
BFL founder and CEO Garry Brav has campaigned for a number of years to get business leaders to engage with local government. In 2015, he worked with local civic organizations on a project to ensure that at least one business leader attended every Tucson City Council or Pima Board of Supervisors meeting during that year. More recently, he published an article in the Spring 2017 edition of the Tucson Metro Chamber’s Chamber Edge magazine about the importance of being part of the public meeting process (read the full article on this website’s News page in the May 2017 news report). BFL Construction is always ready to assist those who need more information or instructions about participating in local government meetings. Call BFL at 520-882-4800 and ask for Garry Brav’s assistant.